History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Ightfield Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Ightfield, Shropshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.95 / 52°57'0"N

Longitude: -2.5961 / 2°35'45"W

OS Eastings: 360044

OS Northings: 339348

OS Grid: SJ600393

Mapcode National: GBR 7P.L5XG

Mapcode Global: WH9BW.330S

Entry Name: Ightfield Hall

Listing Date: 29 September 1951

Last Amended: 1 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1056025

English Heritage Legacy ID: 260552

Location: Ightfield, Shropshire, SY13

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Ightfield

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Ightfield St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Whitchurch

Listing Text

IGHTFIELD C.P. -
SJ 53 NE
5/1 Ightfield Hall
29.9.51 (Formerly listed as
Ightfield Manor)
GV II

Farmhouse. Probably late C17 altered and extended in the early C19
and further altered and refenestrated in the late C19. Red brick with
plain tile roof. T-plan. 2 storeys and attic. Beaded wooden fascia,
parapeted gable ends with sandstone copings and shaped stone kneelers,
and integral brick end stacks (rebuilt above roof in the late C19).
3 hipped eaves dormers with 2-light wooden casements. 3 bays; late
C19 glazing bar sashes (upper leaf with small panes and lower leaf with
large panes) with stone cills and slightly segmental heads. Central
C19 four-panelled door (lower panels beaded flush and upper panels glazed)
with rectangular overlight and late C19 timber framed gabled porch on
chamfered brick plinth. Rear wing with external brick lateral stack,
central brick stack off ridge to south-west, and parapeted gable end
with chamfered grey sandstone coping and shaped stone kneelers. Reset
strapwork datestone to south-east inscribed: "1672". Interior not
inspected but owner (October 1986) reports oak staircase with large
turned balusters. The rear wing has been extended, probably in the
early C19 (see straight joint). The house stands within a moated site,
still partly filled with water at time of survey. It forms part of
a complete farmstead group including a timber framed barn (q.v.) and
stable (q.v.).


Listing NGR: SJ6004439348

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.