This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9036 / 52°54'13"N
Longitude: -2.4837 / 2°29'1"W
OS Eastings: 367563
OS Northings: 334130
OS Grid: SJ675341
Mapcode National: GBR 7V.P377
Mapcode Global: WH9C3.T8GV
Entry Name: 15, High Street
Listing Date: 7 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1056077
English Heritage Legacy ID: 260358
Location: Market Drayton, Shropshire, TF9
Civil Parish: Market Drayton
Built-Up Area: Market Drayton
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Market Drayton St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
MARKET DRAYTON C.P.
HIGH STREET (south-west side)
House, now shops and offices. Late C18. Red brick, painted to front,
with painted sandstone ashlar dressings. C20 tile roof. 3 storeys.
Remains of moulded plinth (to left and right), flanking
quoin strips; and moulded stone eaves cornice. Rendered parapeted
gable end to right with stone casing, and integral brick end stacks.
2 bays. First-floor Venetian windows with glazing bar sashes, bracketed
cills, square piers supporting sections of entablature, and moulded architrave
to centre. Second-floor 4-pane sashes with moulded architraves.
Pair of late C20 plate-glass shop-fronts including central recessed porch
with 3 glazed doors. Early C19 gabled rear wing. Two storeys and
attic. Dentil brick eaves and glazing bar sashes. Interior: first
floor left-hand room has C18 fireplace with moulded surround. First
floor right-hand room with fittings of c.1840, including marble fireplace,
picture rail and moulded cornice. 6-panelled doors with moulded architraves.
Listing NGR: SJ6758334134
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings