This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9102 / 50°54'36"N
Longitude: -2.8238 / 2°49'25"W
OS Eastings: 342179
OS Northings: 112622
OS Grid: ST421126
Mapcode National: GBR MF.QSJL
Mapcode Global: FRA 46ZP.MQX
Entry Name: St Anne's Cottage
Listing Date: 4 February 1958
Last Amended: 18 December 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1056131
English Heritage Legacy ID: 262320
Location: Hinton St. George, South Somerset, Somerset, TA17
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Hinton St. George
Civil Parish/community: Hinton St George
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
Church of England Parish: Hinton St George with Dinnington
Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells
ST4212 HINTON ST GEORGE CP HIGH STREET (South side)
8/82 No 51
(St Anne's Cottage)
(formerly incorrectly listed as
Semi-detached cottage. Probably C18. Ham stone roughly cut and squared, ashlar dressings; hipped thatched roof; central
Brick chimney stack. Two storeys, 2 bays. Hollow-chamfer mullioned windows; first floor bay 1 is a 3-light in chamfered
recess, upper bay 2 has a 3-light in wave-mould recess, both rectangular-headed with iron-framed opening opening light,
no labels; ground floor, a former 2-light window in bay 1 replaced by a casement, the label remaining, and in bay 2 a
4-light mullioned window in wave-mould recess with label. To right of bay 1 a segmental-arched doorway with plain
boarded door on beaded frame, up 2 steps. Leanto building on south gable, having a double-Roman clay tiled roof.
Interior not seen. (Attached to north gable is No 49 (gv)).
Listing NGR: ST4218212613
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings