This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8561 / 50°51'21"N
Longitude: -2.8469 / 2°50'48"W
OS Eastings: 340481
OS Northings: 106625
OS Grid: ST404066
Mapcode National: GBR MD.V6KJ
Mapcode Global: FRA 46XT.YHG
Entry Name: Former Priests House, About 10 Metres East of Wayford Manor House
Listing Date: 30 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1056167
English Heritage Legacy ID: 262206
Location: Wayford, South Somerset, Somerset, TA18
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Wayford
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
Church of England Parish: Wayford
Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells
WAYFORD CP PARK LANE (south side)
5/78 Former Priest's House. about 10
metres east of Wayford Manor House
Former parsonage, now part of the manor estate. C15 and later. Ham stone rubble with ashlar dressings; stone slate roof
to north wing and double Roman clay tiles to south crosswing, both roofs with stepped coped gables: rendered chimney
stacks.'L'-plant, south elevation of 3 bays. Full-height buttresses betweei bays: 3- light hollow-chamfer mulioned
windows in wave-mould recesses without labels: boarded door in lower bay 1. Slit windows in attic of east gable, with
2-light mullioned window in east flank of north wing. North gable forms part of churchyard wall, and has a C15
ogee-arched cinquefoil-cusped window without label and 2 attic windows of slim single-lights, hollow-chamfer lights in
wave-mould recesses without label: between these a large panel with an eroded coat-of-arms set in an egg-and-tart mould
frame. Wast return flank of north wing has more 2-light mullioned windows. the upper with traces of ovolo-mouiding, and
at north end a winding staircase from outside with triangular arched opening and boarded door in heavy cambered-arched
timber frame. Interior not accessible. Described in 1606 as a mansion with barn, garden and orchard; repaired 1827 for
an incoming curato; lived-in intermittently by parish priest until cl965. (VCH Somerset, Vol IV, l978, p74).
Listing NGR: ST4048106625
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings