History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

65, 66 and 67, South Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Milborne Port, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9655 / 50°57'55"N

Longitude: -2.4598 / 2°27'35"W

OS Eastings: 367809

OS Northings: 118554

OS Grid: ST678185

Mapcode National: GBR MX.MGM4

Mapcode Global: FRA 56QK.KHH

Entry Name: 65, 66 and 67, South Street

Listing Date: 15 February 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1056302

English Heritage Legacy ID: 261925

Location: Milborne Port, South Somerset, Somerset, DT9

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

Civil Parish: Milborne Port

Built-Up Area: Milborne Port

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Find accommodation in
Milborne Port

Listing Text

ST6718 MILBORNE PORT CP SOUTH STREET (East side)

12/188 Nos 65, 66 and 67

GV II

Row of 3 cottages. Dated 1821. Local stone cut and squared; mostly fish-scale clay tiles with overhanging gables.
Chimney stacks of several types. Two storeys, 9 bays, of which bay 9 is a mid C20 addition. No 65 of 2 bays, early
pattern 2-light casement windows with iron framed opening lights, all leaded, to bay 1; with late C20 glazed door to
bay 2, above which is a blind window. No 66 has 3 bays, with 2-light leaded casements, some modified; 6-panel flush
door to bay 2, with glazed toplights: above this no windows but a shield-shaped stone plaque dated 1821. No 67 of 4
bays, with 2-light leaded casement windows to all except lower bay 3, which has a 1+3+1 light angled bay window with
lead flat roof; upper bay 2 is blind, and below a 6 panel door with glazed toplights under flat timber bracketted hood;
garage with boarded doors under concrete lintol to bay 4. Interiors considerably altered. No 65 was a glover's house:
No 67 was the village constable's house, the room with the bay window being the former cell (Information from
occupants, March 1984).


Listing NGR: ST6780918554

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.