This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0053 / 51°0'18"N
Longitude: -2.4791 / 2°28'44"W
OS Eastings: 366481
OS Northings: 122985
OS Grid: ST664229
Mapcode National: GBR MW.JXCD
Mapcode Global: FRA 56PG.B0K
Entry Name: The Former Vicarage
Listing Date: 21 January 1977
Last Amended: 15 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1056326
English Heritage Legacy ID: 261776
Location: Charlton Horethorne, South Somerset, Somerset, DT9
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Charlton Horethorne
Built-Up Area: Charlton Horethorne
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST62SE CHARLTON HORETHORNE CP MAIN ROAD (East side)
2/40 The Former Vicarage
(previously listed as The
Vicarage, now private house. Circa 1840 with earlier fragments. Local stone ashlar; pyramidal hipped Welsh slate roof
with wide eaves overhang; central stone chimney stack and additional stack to East. 2 storeys, 3 bays x 3 bays.
Plinth, band course between floors; plain raised surrounds to 2-light horizontal bar casements, with matching french
door on West side and slightly recessed entrance door on South side, both in middle bays. Single storey late C20
extension on East side. Interior (inspected January 1977) has 2 staircases, one late C18, one c1840 : in cellar framed
by 2 relieving arches a medieval well of nearly 3 metres diameter, 5 metres drop and 6 metres of water, rubble lined
walls; close to kitchen extension a rubble lined shaft about 4 metres deep, to bedrock.
Listing NGR: ST6648122985
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings