This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0372 / 51°2'13"N
Longitude: -2.8299 / 2°49'47"W
OS Eastings: 341904
OS Northings: 126753
OS Grid: ST419267
Mapcode National: GBR MD.GYPM
Mapcode Global: FRA 46YC.Z57
Entry Name: The Old Market House Tea Shop
Listing Date: 17 April 1959
Last Amended: 7 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1056639
English Heritage Legacy ID: 263144
Location: Langport, South Somerset, Somerset, TA10
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Langport
Built-Up Area: Langport
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
LANGPORT CP BOW STREET (South side)
The Old Market House Tea Shop
(formerly listed as Market House
House, now restaurant. Earlier C18. Rendered, Ham stone dressings, all colourwashed; plain clay tiled roof between
abutments; brick chimney stacks to rear. Two storeys, 3 bays. Rusticated quoins, thin string course between floors,
coved eaves moulding: above, 12-paned sash windows in architraves with keystoned segmental arched heads; below,
matching opening to doorway of bay 2, with 6-panelled door having glazed toplight; to bays 1 and 3 are composite sash
windows, of 2+6+2 panes bay 1, probably early C20, and of 3+9+3 panes bay 3, somewhat earlier, both in plain openings.
A few C18 fittings internally to ground floor, but premises not fully seen. (Premises were an inn at time of last
Listing NGR: ST4190426753
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings