History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farm House

A Grade II* Listed Building in Mudford, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9679 / 50°58'4"N

Longitude: -2.6031 / 2°36'11"W

OS Eastings: 357747

OS Northings: 118897

OS Grid: ST577188

Mapcode National: GBR MQ.M8BL

Mapcode Global: FRA 56FK.9P0

Entry Name: Manor Farm House

Listing Date: 19 April 1961

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1056802

English Heritage Legacy ID: 262716

Location: Mudford, South Somerset, Somerset, BA21

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

Civil Parish: Mudford

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Find accommodation in
Trent

Listing Text

ST51NE MUDFORD CP PRIMROSE LAKE (off)
UP MUDFORD

6/106 Manor Farm House

19.4.61

- II*


Manor house. 1630 with earlier and later parts. Ham stone ashlar, with
extensions in coursed rubble and Mudford brick; concrete imitation stone
slates, after fire damage circa 1915, stone chimney stacks. 2 storeys
with attic; South front of 4 bays with one-bay extension to bay-1, with
6+2-light hollow chamfer mullioned windows, and corbelled attic gable
with 4-light windows, and ball finials to crown and end of coping.
4-light hollow chamfer windows bays 2 and 4, and a 3-light to bay 3 over
a rebuilt doorway; boarded door with architrave and flat moulded hood on
console brackets, with cuboid sundial over similar to that of St Mary's
Church Mudford (qv) - door knocker, now removed, was dated 1730.
2-storey brick extension in English bond with 4-light mullioned window;
later extension in squared rubble to rear. On site of a cell used by
monks of Montacute Abbey, developed into house in 1630 by John Harbin;
at one time the Courthouse was in its grounds. (Francis Goulding,
Ashington, Chilton Cantelo, Mudford: the Story of Three Somerset
Parishes, 1982).


Listing NGR: ST5774718897

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.