History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Little Manor west Manor

A Grade II Listed Building in Misterton, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.8703 / 50°52'13"N

Longitude: -2.7785 / 2°46'42"W

OS Eastings: 345314

OS Northings: 108160

OS Grid: ST453081

Mapcode National: GBR MG.TKWY

Mapcode Global: FRA 562S.TLN

Entry Name: Little Manor west Manor

Listing Date: 4 February 1958

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1056874

English Heritage Legacy ID: 262414

Location: Misterton, South Somerset, Somerset, TA18

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

Civil Parish: Misterton

Built-Up Area: Crewkerne

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Church of England Parish: Misterton

Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells

Find accommodation in
Misterton

Listing Text

ST40NE MISTERTON CP CHURCH STREET (East side)

6/164 Little Manor and West Manor

4.2.58

GV II

Pair of houses, formerly part of Manor House (qv). C17, remodelled and extended in 1878. Ham stone ashlar and
near-ashlar; Welsh slate roofs between coped gables; stone chimney stacks. Double roof plan: 2 storeys, 5-bay north
elevation, with straight joint between bays 4 and 5. Hollow-chamfer mullioned windows in chamfered recesses. To first
floor of 3 lights bays 2, 3 and 4, and to bay 1 a 2-light, deeper and double-transomed, blank upper bay 5. Below,
3-light windows, and C20 door to lower bay 1. Entrance to West Manor in west gable; C19 doorway with beaded architrave
and flat hood on console brackets. South elevation to match generally, but Little Manor has a 2-storey angled bay
window with architraved sash windows. Interiors not seen. Originally a C17 'L'-plan building, it was extended eastwards
by Manor End (qv), and in 1878 was extended westwards and the angle filled. (VCH Somerset, Vol IV, 1978, p64).


Listing NGR: ST4531408160

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.