This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.933 / 50°55'58"N
Longitude: -2.8406 / 2°50'26"W
OS Eastings: 341025
OS Northings: 115177
OS Grid: ST410151
Mapcode National: GBR MD.PG55
Mapcode Global: FRA 46YM.TDN
Entry Name: Outbuildings and Vehicle Gateway About 5 Metres South of Seavington House
Listing Date: 18 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1056964
English Heritage Legacy ID: 264167
Location: Seavington St. Michael, South Somerset, Somerset, TA19
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Seavington St Michael
Built-Up Area: Seavington St Michael
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
Church of England Parish: South Petherton with the Seavingtons and the Lambrooks
Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells
SEAVINGTON ST MICHAEL CP CHURCH LANE (East side)
2/87 0utbuildings and vehicle gateway
about 5 metres south of
0utbui1dings. Probably mostly C18 or early C19, but a doorway dated 1855. Ham stone cut and squared, ashlar dressings;
north wing has plain clay tiles to shallow pitch, east gable coped with ball finial, hip to north-west corner; south
range has corrugated iron probably replacing thatch, between high stepped coped gables. 'L"-plan, single storey; north
range of 7 bays, with 3-light horizontal-bar casement windows bays 1 and 4, plain doorways bays 2 and 3, and 3-centre
arched openings to bays 5, 6 and 7 with small-pane windows bays 5 and 7 and studded door bay 6; similar pair of studded
doors in west end, with 'AHP 1855' inscribed on 3-centre arch by one of the Poole family. South wing has 2 boarded
openings above and a C20 garage door and window below. Against the north west corner of the range, which is slightly
rounded, a gateway with 2 octagonal pillars having plain plinths and moulded pointed tops, with pair of wrought-iron
gates between, and matching small pedestrian gate on north side, linking the whole to Seavington House (q.v.). of which
this group probably represents the stable and coach house. (VCH, Vol III, 1974).
Listing NGR: ST4102515177
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings