This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.933 / 50°55'58"N
Longitude: -2.8425 / 2°50'32"W
OS Eastings: 340893
OS Northings: 115179
OS Grid: ST408151
Mapcode National: GBR MD.PFPM
Mapcode Global: FRA 46YM.SJJ
Entry Name: Buckrells
Listing Date: 4 February 1958
Last Amended: 18 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1056967
English Heritage Legacy ID: 264171
Location: Seavington St. Michael, South Somerset, Somerset, TA19
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Seavington St Michael
Built-Up Area: Seavington St Michael
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
Church of England Parish: South Petherton with the Seavingtons and the Lambrooks
Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells
SEAVINGTON ST MICHAEL CP
SEAVINGTON ST MICHAEL VILLAGE
(formerly listed as Buckrells
Detached house. Earlier C17. Ham stone, mostly near-ashlar with dressings, but cut and squared to north end; Welsh
slate roof with stone slate base course between coped gables; stone slab chimney stacks. 'L'-plan; 2 storeys with
attics, 4 bays. 0volo-mould mullioned windows in wave-mould recesses; to bay 1 which is the end gable of an east
crosswing, a 3-light window with label at attic level, and in north return a similar window without label to first
floor, the mullion removed; to bay 2 a 2-light below, and bay 3 has 4-light below and 3-light above; bay 4 has 3-light
windows to both levels, the lower with label; shared label bays 2 and 3 which steps up over the bay 3 window and again
over the doorway to right of bay 3, which is cambered-arched with incised spandrels, set in a wave-mould rectangular
recess, with a fanlight cut into the lintel over. Single matching window in west gable, and several on southern flank.
interior not seen. Known as a farmhouse by 1640; reduced in size by roadworks in 1960s. (VCH, Vol III, 1974).
Listing NGR: ST4089315179
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings