This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9468 / 50°56'48"N
Longitude: -2.9167 / 2°55'0"W
OS Eastings: 335695
OS Northings: 116778
OS Grid: ST356167
Mapcode National: GBR M9.NLVQ
Mapcode Global: FRA 46SL.TRS
Entry Name: Burleaze Farmhouse
Listing Date: 28 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1057058
English Heritage Legacy ID: 263994
Location: Ilton, South Somerset, Somerset, TA19
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Ilton
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
Church of England Parish: Ilton
Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells
ILTON CP OLD WAY (South side, off)
3/90 Burleaze Farmhouse
Detached farmhouse. C17 and later. Local stone rubble, mostly rendered, some ashlar dressings; hipped thatched roof;
brick end and intermediate chimney stacks. 'T'-plan; 2 storeys, 5 bays. Above, a mixture of leaded casement windows of
3, 2, 3, 4 and 4 lights, with rectangular panes and iron-framed opening lights, that to upper bay 4 having a
hollow-chamfer mullioned frame; below, similar windows bays 1 and 3, with C20 casements bays 4 and 5; to lower bay 2 an
open rendered porch with double Roman clay tiled roof: an extension westwards is an unrendered farm building, with a
stable door and one casement window below and a loft door above, with a further lean-to against the west gable. Long
extension to rear, with corrugated iron sheet roof; rear elevation of house has similar casements, but to ground floor
is one 3-light hollow-chamfer mullioned window in a chamfered recess, with label; also 2 leanto buildings, one with
Welsh slate roof, the other with triple-roll clay tiles. Interior not seen, but reported are chamfered cross-beams with
step and runout stops, possible old fireplaces to hall and east gable; a post and truss partition with wattle rod and
daub infill, and tie-beam trusses. A lease of 1696 exists; the farm was part of the Wyndham Estate until 1919. (SSAVBRG
Report, SRO unpublished, November 1984).
Listing NGR: ST3569516778
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings