This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.179 / 51°10'44"N
Longitude: -3.1385 / 3°8'18"W
OS Eastings: 320514
OS Northings: 142814
OS Grid: ST205428
Mapcode National: GBR LZ.5YHF
Mapcode Global: VH6GS.KM5J
Entry Name: Dovecote, About 28 Metres North West of Priory Farmhouse
Listing Date: 22 May 1969
Last Amended: 16 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1057369
English Heritage Legacy ID: 265225
Location: Stogursey, West Somerset, Somerset, TA5
District: West Somerset
Civil Parish: Stogursey
Built-Up Area: Stogursey
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST2042 STOGURSEY CP PRIORY HILL (West side)
14/171 Dovecote, about 28 metres North
West of Priory Farmhouse
(previously listed as Dovecote at
Dovecote Medieval in origin, rebuilt 1925 apart from steps. Squared and coursed blue lias, conical thatched roof.
Circular in plan, site slopes away to North West. 2 storeys, 2-light unglazed mullioned opening to right of first
floor entrance approached by flight of approximately 10 steps with wall on East side, ground floor small plank door
entrance to left of steps, lit on North side. This is all that remains of the Benedictine Priory that adjoined St.
Andrews Church (qv), primarily listed for historic interest. (Photograph in NMR).
Listing NGR: ST2051642812
Other nearby listed buildings