This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1583 / 51°9'29"N
Longitude: -3.1854 / 3°11'7"W
OS Eastings: 317198
OS Northings: 140561
OS Grid: ST171405
Mapcode National: GBR LX.7BTV
Mapcode Global: VH6GY.Q4VW
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 22 May 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1057420
English Heritage Legacy ID: 265139
Location: Holford, West Somerset, Somerset, TA5
District: West Somerset
Civil Parish: Holford
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST14SE HOLFORD CP
6/105 CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
Parish Church. Chancel rebuilt and Church enlarged C15, nave refenestrated and re-roofed C16, chancel refenestrated
early C17, chapel added 1610, upper stage of tower 1772. Rendered, grooved as ashlar on chapel, quoins, tower blue
lias and red sandstone random rubble, porch squared and coursed red sandstone, slate roofs, coped verges. 2 by nave,
chancel, South East chapel, North porch, West tower. Crenellated 3 stage tower, 3-light West window, blocked roll
moulded West door, square South West stair turret. South front, 2- and 3-light windows left of porch, hollow chamfered
mullions with trefoil heads under square hood moulds, gabled porch, Moulded arched entrance, rectangular memorial
plaque set in gable end, ribbed roof, niche for statue over inner door. Diagonal buttress at junction between nave and
chancel, left 2-light ogee headed mullioned window under square hoodmould, 3-light East window similar 3-light East
window to chapel, plaque above inscribed GD.ID, 1610. South front, 4 centred arch doorway, to left 3- and 2-light
mullioned windows to nave. Interior: rendered. Ribbed barrel vault with bosses in nave, arch braced collar truss
chancel roof. C14 chancel arch, round headed moulded arch to chapel from chancel. Chapel, erected 1610 as Dodington
family pew, contains good set of early C17 bench ends, inset trefoil-headed panels, pews and panelling. Remains of
medieval glass in chancel window. Choir stalls and pulpit circa 1910. Rare example of early C17 chapel with original
fittings. (VCH Somerset, Vol.5 forthcoming).
Listing NGR: ST1720140558
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings