This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1509 / 51°9'3"N
Longitude: -3.2934 / 3°17'36"W
OS Eastings: 309634
OS Northings: 139864
OS Grid: ST096398
Mapcode National: GBR LS.7MHB
Mapcode Global: VH6GW.VBSL
Entry Name: Stable Block and Wall Backing Onto Road, 10 Metres West of Woolston Grange
Listing Date: 16 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1057436
English Heritage Legacy ID: 265076
Location: Bicknoller, West Somerset, Somerset, TA4
District: West Somerset
Civil Parish: Bicknoller
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST03NE BICKNOLLER CP WOOLSTON
9/29 Stable block and wall backing
onto road, 10 metres West of
Range of tackroom with coachman's rooM over, stables, coach house and wall fronting onto stable yard. Circa 1910.
Probably by Horace Farquharson who restored Woolston Grange (qv) to which this originally belonged. Red sandstone
random rubble, triple Roman tiles, decorative ridge tiles. Tackroom: bell cast pyramidal roof, tall stone stack with
flat top rising from eaves. 2-storeys, one bay; first floor 2-light leaded casement, groundfloor 3-light leaded
casement window abutted by plank doors. To right stables single storey, 2 bays of 2-light casement windows abutting
stable doors. Overhanging eaves with sprockets. Coach house, gabled, one and a half storeys with ventilation slit in
gable end over double doors; abutting wall to right about 2.5 metres high. Lying between Woolston Grange (qv) and Manor
Farm (qv) this picturesqe composition with bell cast pyramidal roof and tall stack make an important contribution to
Listing NGR: ST0963439864
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings