This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1286 / 51°7'43"N
Longitude: -3.2897 / 3°17'22"W
OS Eastings: 309850
OS Northings: 137385
OS Grid: ST098373
Mapcode National: GBR LS.92F1
Mapcode Global: VH6GW.XWRN
Entry Name: Wynes
Listing Date: 21 December 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1057508
English Heritage Legacy ID: 264942
Location: Stogumber, West Somerset, Somerset, TA4
District: West Somerset
Civil Parish: Stogumber
Built-Up Area: Stogumber
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST0937 STOGUMBER CP HILL STREET (North side)
11/179 No 1
Cottage with attached barn to North. Early C17, enlarged C18. Rendered main block with roughcast South addition,
asbestos slate roofs of varying pitches, external stepped stack left gable end (South) fronting onto road, another
brick stack right at junction with barn, truncated brick stack at gable end on independently roofed Southern addition.
Plan: 2 or 3 cell and cross passage, stair turret on West front, attached barn to North with unidentified unlit single
storey projection at junction, attached 2 storey block at right angles to South fronting road; site slopes away to
South and East. East front: one and a half storeys, inserted tall 2-light dormer casement, groundfloor 2-light
casements flanking plank door approached by steps, left projecting wing lit first floor right return with early C19
4-light mullion, plank door below, groundfloor gable end glazed opening, also lit on left return fronting road. Main
entrance now via half glazed door in South West corner. Interior not, viewed.
Listing NGR: ST0985037385
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings