This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1326 / 51°7'57"N
Longitude: -3.3491 / 3°20'56"W
OS Eastings: 305696
OS Northings: 137899
OS Grid: ST056378
Mapcode National: GBR LP.8Z8L
Mapcode Global: VH6GV.WSTM
Entry Name: Triggles, the Long Room and Art Studios, About 100 Metres North of Leonard Wills Field Centre
Listing Date: 22 May 1969
Last Amended: 21 December 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1057570
English Heritage Legacy ID: 264792
Location: Nettlecombe, West Somerset, Somerset, TA4
District: West Somerset
Civil Parish: Nettlecombe
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST03NE NETTLECOMBE CP
5/34 Triggles, The Long Room and Art
Studios, about 100 metres North
of Leonard Wills Field Centre
(formerly listed as Stable Range
with Stable Cottage, Nettlecombe
Stables, now art studios and private dwellings. Dated 1792, undergoing renovation at the time of survey (October 1983).
Rendered over brick, freestone dressing, hipped slate roof, gabled entrances and on West front, brick stacks. Courtyard
plan, originally stables South and East sides, coach house North and North West; staff accommodation first floor South
and South East sides. South front: 2-storeys, 2:1:2 bays; 16 pane sash windows first floor flanking unlit gabled
central carriageway entrance, string course groundfloor right 2 inserted C20 segmental headed sash windows in original
arched recesses, left late C18 thermal windows in arched recesses left, date stone IT (Sir John Trevelyan) 1792 in
gable end. Inside courtyard, West side 2 storeys, one bay, brick stack gable end, oriel carried on brackets, sash
windows, slate roof and slate hung apron, groundfloor segmental headed tripartite sash windows, plank door left, single
storey right, 2 bays; rest of courtyard single storey with gabled one and a half storey carriageway entrance North side
flanked by pairs of double doors with arched heads. Some late C18 stable fittings with late C19 loose boxes decorative
arched openings, East side still in use. Derelict and in poor condition to left of entrance (South West). (VCH
Somerset, vol 5 forthcoming; Photographs in NMR; Country Life, I February 1908).
Listing NGR: ST0569637899
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings