This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8671 / 52°52'1"N
Longitude: -1.5245 / 1°31'28"W
OS Eastings: 432108
OS Northings: 330059
OS Grid: SK321300
Mapcode National: GBR 6FK.CDC
Mapcode Global: WHCG1.K68C
Entry Name: Canal Bridge at Os 321300
Listing Date: 24 October 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1057648
English Heritage Legacy ID: 82783
Location: Twyford and Stenson, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE73
District: South Derbyshire
Civil Parish: Twyford and Stenson
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Barrow-on-Trent St Wilfrid
Church of England Diocese: Derby
PARISH OF TWYFORD AND STENSON OFF BUCKFORD LANE
SK 33 SW
1/100 (North Side)
Canal Bridge at
OS 321 300
Bridge carrying a farm track over the Trent and Mersey Grand
Trunk Canal. c1777. James Brindley engineer. Red brick with
later repairs in red and blue brick. Single segmental arch.
The walls curve out to the ends and have end piers. Plain
parapet walls ramped to centre and with stone copings. Above
the arch on each side is an oval metal plaque giving the number
of the bridge. The Trent and Mersey Canal was sanctioned by an
act of 1766, opened to a point near Stafford in 1770 and
completed in 1777.
Listing NGR: SK3210830058
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings