This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2332 / 51°13'59"N
Longitude: -2.3292 / 2°19'45"W
OS Eastings: 377109
OS Northings: 148279
OS Grid: ST771482
Mapcode National: GBR 0S8.RXQ
Mapcode Global: VH97D.K8ZF
Entry Name: Fountain House
Listing Date: 22 July 1949
Last Amended: 16 February 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1057829
English Heritage Legacy ID: 266178
Location: Frome, Mendip, Somerset, BA11
Civil Parish: Frome
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
5363 GOULDS GROUND
(South East side)
GV Fountain House
ST 7748 SW 4/69 22.7.49 (formerly listed
under Trinity Parade)
Once the parsonage for Holy Trinity Church (from 1856 till recently). Built 1818,
house of character. Main front to north-east. Ashlar with slate roof. Centre 3
storeys, sides 2 storeys, divided by pilasters. Central 2 storey 3-light bow.
1:3:1 windows, glazing bar sashes. Ground floor side windows in arched recesses.
Pedimented attic over central unit and balustraded parapet over sides (now in
artificial stone). string at 1st floor level. Moulded cornice.
Road front: 2 windows and large 2 storey angled bay to right. Cornice and parapet
(with baluster panels over windows). Hipped cross wing over bay.
Roughly central glazed porch with Tuscan columns, half glazed door (2 lower panels
reeded). Rubble wall, formerly of outhouse, to right with Tudor-arch doorway
(c.1840) with drip and panelled spandrels.
Interior: room on ground floor to south-east has segment-arched recess with edge-
ball decoration and panelled soffit. Bay window room on ground floor has a
similar recess. Attic fireplace has tracery panelled surround and tracery moulded
onto cheeks of contemporary grate.
Listing NGR: ST7710948279
Other nearby listed buildings