This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2174 / 51°13'2"N
Longitude: -3.5758 / 3°34'33"W
OS Eastings: 290036
OS Northings: 147649
OS Grid: SS900476
Mapcode National: GBR LD.3FYK
Mapcode Global: VH5JW.YNYL
Entry Name: Lynch Chapel of Ease
Listing Date: 22 May 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1057997
English Heritage Legacy ID: 265550
Location: Selworthy, West Somerset, Somerset, TA24
District: West Somerset
Civil Parish: Selworthy
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
23/136 Lynch Chapel of Ease
Anglican chapel. Circa 1530 restored 1880 and porch added c1904. Random rubble lias, diagonal buttresses, chamfered
plinth, slate roof, coped verges, decorative ridge tiles. Single cell, nave and chancel, south porch. South front:
gabled single storey porch added in memory of Henry Goddard, died 1904, triple lancet on west front, chamfered
4-centred arch inner doorway, C19 door, 2-light window under hoodmould to right, east window of 2 x 4 lights largely
rebuilt, north front 2-light window and blocked 4-centred arch doorway, similar blocked doorway at west end. Interior:
painted rubble. Renewed ribbed open wagon roof, ceiled over sanctuary. West end singing gallery constructed from old
pews in 1930 by Mr W H R Blacking. Panelled dado, ogee headed piscina and 2 brackets for statues flanking altar.
(Photograph in NMR),
Listing NGR: SS9003247644
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings