This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2862 / 51°17'10"N
Longitude: -2.2787 / 2°16'43"W
OS Eastings: 380658
OS Northings: 154150
OS Grid: ST806541
Mapcode National: GBR 0RS.6QK
Mapcode Global: VH971.GX6X
Entry Name: Daubrey House
Listing Date: 10 January 1977
Last Amended: 16 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1058063
English Heritage Legacy ID: 267363
Location: Rode, Mendip, Somerset, BA11
Civil Parish: Rode
Built-Up Area: Rode
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST RODE CP RODE HILL (North side)
12/416 No 23
(previously listed as Daubeney
Country House, formerly a rectory. C18, rebuilt 1824 by H E Goodbridge for the Rev Charles Daubney, Archdeacon of Salisbury. Ashlar, slate roof, moulded cornice, parapet with a moulded coping, low chamfered ashlar stack to each side,
further ashlar stack to rear. Gothick. 3 storeys, 3 bays, sash windows with glazing bars, the glazing bars intersecting to upper panels, stopped label over each, moulded string at first floor level and around plinth. Elaborate flat-roofed projecting porch in conforming style, corner buttresses with weathered gables; 4-centred arch door opening in an elaborately moulded stone surround, rubbed door with some glazing at its top. Shield with Daubray arms over. Small
conservatory to right side in conforming style. Plain interior with many co-eval features; dog leg staircase, plain balusters, turned newel posts, moulded hand rail; fluted marble fireplace to left ground floor room; late C19 polished
slate fireplace to right ground floor room.
Listing NGR: ST8065854149
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings