This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1991 / 51°11'56"N
Longitude: -2.3505 / 2°21'1"W
OS Eastings: 375608
OS Northings: 144493
OS Grid: ST756444
Mapcode National: GBR 0SN.LLJ
Mapcode Global: VH97L.64R2
Entry Name: The Rectory
Listing Date: 27 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1058278
English Heritage Legacy ID: 266855
Location: Trudoxhill, Mendip, Somerset, BA11
Civil Parish: Trudoxhill
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST74SE TRUDOXHILL CP MARSTON BIGOT
7/158 The Rectory
Rectory. Circa 1839 by Edward Davis of Bath for the Duke of Cork and Orrery of Marston House. Squared and coursed
Doulting, hipped slate roof, wide eaves, ashlar stacks. "L"-plan, Italianate. 2 and 3 storeys, irregular fenestration;
sash windows with marginal lights, those to ground floor have cornices on brackets. Semi-circular head door opening in
aediculated surround, paired 4-panelled doors. Stair light to roof made up of 3 semi-circular headed openings to each
side under a hipped roof. Interior contains doors, fireplace, plasterwork and cantilever staircase of the period.
Listing NGR: ST7560844493
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings