This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2425 / 51°14'33"N
Longitude: -2.3908 / 2°23'27"W
OS Eastings: 372813
OS Northings: 149335
OS Grid: ST728493
Mapcode National: GBR 0S6.2C5
Mapcode Global: VH97C.H1X9
Entry Name: Churchyard Boundary Wall of Church of St Andrew Incorporating a Mechanical Gte and a Store
Listing Date: 27 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1058350
English Heritage Legacy ID: 266727
Location: Mells, Mendip, Somerset, BA11
Civil Parish: Mells
Built-Up Area: Mells
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
Churchyard boundary wall of
Church of St Andrew incorporating
a mechanical gate and a store
Wall incorporating mechanical gate and store. Wall and store C18. Doulting rubble. Wall with weathered coping forms
boundary being ramped irregularly from one metre on east side to 3 metres on west side; which has 2 doorways, one round
arched, one Tudor arched; northern section contains mechanical gate of circa 1920 by Sir Edwin Lutyens, contiguous
dressed stone supports, each have a recessed post inclined at 70 degrees to accept a second pair of moveable wooden
posts which are hinged at their base forming a "V"; when upright they prevent ingress or egress; left post has locking
mechanism. Detached post to north with horizontally set plank. Store at south-west corner is a low rectangular building
with plain tile roof, Tudor arch door opening to west.
Listing NGR: ST7281249338
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings