This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1352 / 51°8'6"N
Longitude: -2.5766 / 2°34'35"W
OS Eastings: 359751
OS Northings: 137480
OS Grid: ST597374
Mapcode National: GBR MR.8P10
Mapcode Global: VH8B6.9Q6N
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 25 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1058491
English Heritage Legacy ID: 268370
Location: East Pennard, Mendip, Somerset, BA4
Civil Parish: East Pennard
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
EAST PENNARD CP
EAST PENNARD VILLAGE
15/160 The Old Rectory
Rectory, now house. Early C19. Rubble, freestone dressings, slate roof, coped verges, restored ashlar stacks. Square on
plan, Tudor style. Two storeys and attic, 3 bay garden frontage; 3 small gablets to the attic, one with a 2-light
stone-mullioned window, casements with stall glazing bars, labels; a 3-light stone-mullioned window and 2 mullioned and
transomed casements to first floor with glazing bars; 2 pairs of French windows in freestone surrounds and a 3-light
canted bay window with stone-mullioned and transomed windows on ground floor. Door opening to the west, 4-centred arch
head, ribbed door. Interior with ornamental plasterwork and 3 fireplaces on ground floor of interest. Prominent
position in the settlement, adjacent to the parish Church of All Saints. (Photographs in NMR).
Listing NGR: ST5975137480
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings