This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.243 / 51°14'34"N
Longitude: -2.5524 / 2°33'8"W
OS Eastings: 361537
OS Northings: 149454
OS Grid: ST615494
Mapcode National: GBR MS.1WPP
Mapcode Global: VH89T.Q00Z
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 2 June 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1058641
English Heritage Legacy ID: 268021
Location: Binegar, Mendip, Somerset, BA3
Civil Parish: Binegar
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST64NW BINEGAR CP BINEGAR VILLAGE
12/1 Church of the Holy Trinity
Anglican Parish Church. Norman establishment, rebuilt C15, rebuilt, except tower, 1858 for Rev William Heade. Coursed
and squared rubble, freestone dressings, asbestos slate roofs, coped verges with finials. Wave, chancel, north
transept, north organ chamber, north vestry, south porch, west tower. Perpendicular tower, remainder in Middle Pointed
style. Three stage tower with diagonal buttresses rising to crenellated pinnacles, embattled parapet with an arcade of
blind foiled niches, to west carved Trinity, polygonal stair turret to north with crenellated capping, 2-light
bell-chamber windows with louvres, 2-light west window with renewed tracery, label, west door. Three bay nave, single
and 2-light windows. Gabled porch. Two bay chancel, one, 2 and 3-light windows, to east with geometrical tracery.
Interior plastered on flagstone floors, encaustic tile pavement to chancel. Triple-chamfered tower arch; moulded
chancel arch on carved springers. C15 octagonal font; small Jacobean altar table; medieval stoup built into vestry
wall. Remainder of fittings late Cl9 including choir stalls, altar rails, lectern, organ, pulpit and oil lamps. Pews of
1903. Stained glass to east window of 1913, remainder of windows with plain leaded lights. Cartouche of 1736; 5 main
C19 wall monuments. Three early bells. (Pevsner, Buildings of England, North Somerset and Bristol, 1958; Church
Listing NGR: ST6153749454
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings