This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9536 / 52°57'12"N
Longitude: -1.1472 / 1°8'49"W
OS Eastings: 457390
OS Northings: 339915
OS Grid: SK573399
Mapcode National: GBR LPP.RC
Mapcode Global: WHDGZ.B1Y2
Entry Name: 10, PELHAM STREET (See details for further address information)
Listing Date: 4 October 1973
Last Amended: 30 November 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1058999
English Heritage Legacy ID: 458002
Location: Nottingham, NG1
County: City of Nottingham
Electoral Ward/Division: Bridge
Built-Up Area: Nottingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Nottingham St Peter with St James
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK5739NW PELHAM STREET
646-1/20/490 (South side)
(Formerly Listed as:
Includes: Nos.2A AND 2B HIGH STREET.
Shop, now shops and restaurant (the street numbers in Pelham
Street now combined). 1903-04. By AN Bromley of Nottingham for
Boots Chemists. Restored 1974. Terracotta front with slate
roofs. Renaissance Revival style with Art Nouveau detailing to
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys plus attics; 7 x 8 windows. Rounded corner
entrance bay has an altered doorway flanked by granite-clad
pilasters. Above, a 3-light mullioned window, and above again,
an opening to a semicircular balustraded balcony. Above it, a
clock supported by relief figures. Above again, a short turret
with round-arched openings, topped with a lead ogee dome.
Left return, to Pelham Street, has string course and
dentillated main cornice. Elliptical arched cross-mullioned
windows with keystones, divided by pilasters. To left, a
recessed glazed double door with overlight. Above, 2-light
windows on a sill band, with engaged columns and cornices.
Ground floor shopfront, returned on both fronts, has plate
glass windows with shaped spandrels, divided by narrow wooden
mullions with Ionic capitals and animal masks. Curvilinear
toplights in a band of relief carving, all under a continuous
moulded wood cornice.
Right return, to High Street, has a similar cornice with
projecting brackets, and above it, a pierced balustrade.
Similar fenestration, with taller second floor windows with
transoms. Attic has 3 shaped dormers. Off-centre entrance with
incurving side windows flanked by pilasters, ceiling with
curvilinear mirror panels, and glazed double doors with
Rounded corner to right has a 3-light cross-mullioned window
on the upper floors and is topped with a round-arched panel
containing a cartouche. Return to High Street Place, 2 bays,
has regular fenestration.
INTERIOR refitted and remodelled, late C20.
(The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Nottinghamshire: London:
1979-: 233; ).
Listing NGR: SK5739039915
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings