This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7068 / 52°42'24"N
Longitude: -2.7591 / 2°45'32"W
OS Eastings: 348810
OS Northings: 312399
OS Grid: SJ488123
Mapcode National: GBR BJ.2FG1
Mapcode Global: WH8BT.L7C6
Entry Name: Balustraded Wall to the Quarry
Listing Date: 19 September 1972
Last Amended: 17 November 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1059008
English Heritage Legacy ID: 458021
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1
Civil Parish: Shrewsbury
Built-Up Area: Shrewsbury
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Shrewsbury St Chad
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ4812SE ST CHAD'S TERRACE
653-1/14/542 (West side)
19/09/72 Balustraded wall to The Quarry
(Formerly Listed as:
THE QUARRY (OR THE DINGLE)
Balustrade adjoining St Chad's
Wall. Dated 1906. For Shrewsbury Horticultural Society.
Ashlar. Approx 30m long. Balustrades alternate with solid
panels, all with shallow pyramidal copings, divided by piers
with double chamfered caps. 2 bowed sections project into
park, and in the centre of the length, a raised section of
parapet carries an inscription reading "This balustrade was
erected by the Shrewsbury Horticultural Society 1906", with
the Salop arms over.
Listing NGR: SJ4881012399
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings