History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cutt Mill and Attached Outbuilding

A Grade II Listed Building in Cuxham with Easington, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6604 / 51°39'37"N

Longitude: -1.0453 / 1°2'43"W

OS Eastings: 466133

OS Northings: 196166

OS Grid: SU661961

Mapcode National: GBR B1Q.SMS

Mapcode Global: VHCYB.TJRH

Entry Name: Cutt Mill and Attached Outbuilding

Listing Date: 18 July 1963

Last Amended: 3 April 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1059752

English Heritage Legacy ID: 248933

Location: Cuxham with Easington, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX49

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Cuxham with Easington

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Cuxham

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Cuxham

Listing Text

CUXHAM WITH EASINGTON CUXHAM
SU69NE
4/87 Cutt Mill and attached
18/07/63 outbuilding
(Formerly listed as Cutt Mill
including outbuildings)

GV II


Mill and millhouse. Mid C18. Header bond grey brick with red brick dressings,
except brick half-bay added to right in late C18; gabled old tile roof; brick
right end and rear stacks. 2-unit plan. 2 storeys; symmetrical 3-window range.
Segmental arches over C19 panelled door in moulded wood architrave and 2-light
casements except blind window over door. Red brick storey band and dentilled
eaves. Two-storey rear range of c.1840, brick with Welsh slate roof. Two-storey
mill to left: banded red and flared brick, chalk rubble rear wall; gambrel old
tile roof; segmental arches over C19 panelled door in right bay, 2 tall glazed
windows and blocked mill race. 2-bay cartshed to left, of weatherboarding,
half-hipped old tile roof, braced posts and collar truss with clasped purlins.
Interior, not inspected. In the medieval period Cutt Mill ground the manorial
corn.
(P.D.A. Harvey, A Medieval Oxfordshire Village, Cuxham, 1240-1400, 1965).


Listing NGR: SU6613396166

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.