This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6536 / 51°39'13"N
Longitude: -1.2698 / 1°16'11"W
OS Eastings: 450612
OS Northings: 195236
OS Grid: SU506952
Mapcode National: GBR 7YY.9SL
Mapcode Global: VHCY6.YP2P
Entry Name: Culham Court
Listing Date: 18 July 1963
Last Amended: 16 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1059790
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248817
Location: Culham, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX14
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Culham
Built-Up Area: Culham
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Culham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
CULHAM ABINGDON ROAD
SU5095 (South side)
10/32 Culham Court
18/07/63 (Formerly listed as The
Shown on Ordnance Survey map as The Old Vicarage.
Vicarage, now house. Mid C18, south front of c.1816, C20 alterations. Red brick
in header bond; roof not visible; brick end stacks. 3-storey, 3-window range.
South front of 3 curved bays forming serpentine front. C20 glazed door to centre
with painted wood surround. 12-pane unhorned curved sashes to ground and first
floors with lost original glazing and cambered brick heads. Shaped stone band
between ground and first floors. 6-pane unhorned curved sashes to second floor
with most original glazing and cambered brick heads. Plain brick parapet with
plain stone coping to roof. Rear entrance front: 3-storey, 3-window range. 6
panel door with C20 painted wood surround to centre. 12-pane unhorned sashes to
ground and first floors, 6-pane unhorned sashes to second floor. Interior: early
C19 straight flight staircase from ground to first floor with baluster
balustrade. History: said to have been built for Benjamin Kennicott, Vicar of
Culham (1753-83) in about 1758.
(V.C.H.: 0xfordshire, Vol.7, 1962, p.30).
Listing NGR: SU5061295236
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings