This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5901 / 51°35'24"N
Longitude: -1.1906 / 1°11'26"W
OS Eastings: 456168
OS Northings: 188221
OS Grid: SU561882
Mapcode National: GBR 914.CSH
Mapcode Global: VHCYN.99XD
Entry Name: The Old Forge
Listing Date: 14 June 1963
Last Amended: 4 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1059804
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248759
Location: South Moreton, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX11
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: South Moreton
Built-Up Area: South Moreton
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
SOUTH MORETON PAPER MILL LANE
SU5688 (West side)
17/146 The Old Forge
14/06/63 (Formerly listed as Manor
House. Mid C17. Painted brick and flint base; large timber- framing; rendered
infill; thatch roof half-hipped to left; brick end stack to right. 2-unit plan.
2-storey, 2-bay range at right-angles to street. C20 plank door to right. Two
2-light casements to ground floor. 2-light wood casement to first floor right.
Left return to road: 2-light wood casement to ground floor centre; jettied first
floor; 2-light wood casement to first floor centre. Queen-post roof truss to
gable end with single-light casement. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SU5616888221
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings