This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6772 / 52°40'38"N
Longitude: -2.1746 / 2°10'28"W
OS Eastings: 388292
OS Northings: 308851
OS Grid: SJ882088
Mapcode National: GBR 18D.31W
Mapcode Global: WHBFC.KYPY
Entry Name: The White House and Front Railings
Listing Date: 28 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1060229
English Heritage Legacy ID: 271308
Location: Brewood and Coven, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire, ST19
District: South Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Brewood and Coven
Built-Up Area: Brewood
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Brewood St Mary and St Chad
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 80 NE
No 11, (The White House) & front railings.
House. Early (18, altered). Brick, painted in front; tiled roof with coped varges; brick and stacks. Now double-depth plan. 2 storeys, and gable-lit attic; moulded eaves cornice; 3 windows, glazing bar sashes with flat and ample sized keystones, 4-pane sash to ground floor left. Central 6-panel door with radiating fanlight in C20 open pedimented doorcase. Decorative cast-iron railings to front level.
Interior: ground floor altered, Early C18 dog-leg staircase survices from 1st floor with wide hand-rail, turned vase-shaped balusters with square knops. Dropped tie-seams to allow for attic; one truss in the back roof if a re-used king-post truss (perhaps from Nos 7 or 9 adjacent - a building with a remains of a late medieval roof and with which the White House partly interlocks (not included). Mid-C19 cast iron pump and stone trough to rear.
Listing NGR: SJ8829208851
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings