This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9788 / 50°58'43"N
Longitude: -2.9913 / 2°59'28"W
OS Eastings: 330502
OS Northings: 120398
OS Grid: ST305203
Mapcode National: GBR M5.LRYX
Mapcode Global: FRA 46MJ.8G5
Entry Name: Hatch Beauchamp Railway Station
Listing Date: 22 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1060373
English Heritage Legacy ID: 270942
Location: Hatch Beauchamp, Taunton Deane, Somerset, TA3
District: Taunton Deane
Civil Parish: Hatch Beauchamp
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST 3020-3120 (East side, off)
12/30 . Hatch Beauchamp
Former railway station. c1865 for the Bristol and Exeter Railway Company. Red
brick in Flemish bond with ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roof. Single storey.
Symmetrical 5-bay elevation, the end bays projecting slightly. Chamfered ashlar
quoins to angles; plinth with chamfered ashlar band; impost band; moulded eaves
band. Openings have round arches supported on corbelled imposts, the doorways
quoined and with keystones, the 4-pane windows with pilaster jambs and corbelled
sills; all openings have fanlights, some boarded up. Deep eaves to hipped,
oversailing roof carried by long iron brackets with cusped tracery to spandrels.
Two cross-ridge stacks, south-eastern one truncated, north-western one with
plinth and corbelled cornice. South-west front has central, 4-panel double-door,
upper panels glazed. Similar doorway to centre of north-east front, which has
paired windows to end bays. 2-bay south-east gable has doorway on right. 3-bay
north-west end has bricked up window on left and 6-panel doors to centre and
The design of the station is derivative from plans by Brunel. The building is
situated on the Taunton to Chard line, on which work was begun in 1864 and
completed by 1866. It has similarities with the railway stations at Chard and
Ilminster (q.q.v) which also served this line.
Listing NGR: ST3050220398
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings