History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lower Tarr Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Lydeard St. Lawrence, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.0676 / 51°4'3"N

Longitude: -3.2751 / 3°16'30"W

OS Eastings: 310748

OS Northings: 130575

OS Grid: ST107305

Mapcode National: GBR LT.F02C

Mapcode Global: FRA 4609.KVF

Entry Name: Lower Tarr Farmhouse

Listing Date: 4 May 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1060574

English Heritage Legacy ID: 270400

Location: Lydeard St. Lawrence, Taunton Deane, Somerset, TA4

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane

Civil Parish: Lydeard St. Lawrence

Civil Parish/community: Lydeard St Lawrence

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Church of England Parish: Lydeard St Lawrence

Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells

Find accommodation in
Tolland

Listing Text

ST13SW LYDEARD ST LAWRENCE CP

2/189 Lower Tarr Farmhouse

-

GV II

Farmhouse. C16, extended C17, dated 1691. Red sandstone random rubble partially rendered, slate roofs, stone stack
right gabled with full height curing chamber projection on right return, brick stacks left of entrance and next bay
left marking extent or original block. 2 cell and cross passage extended one bay South with wings added North and South
sides. Two storeys, irregular fenestration, first floor left blocked window, leaded casement and right remains of
4-light ovolo moulded mullion with leaded casement. Ground floor leaded casement to right of C20 glazed door, wooden
trellis porch on rendered brick, left tripartite sash with French window in outer bay right. Interior not viewed, said
to contain jointed cruck trusses, chamfered beams with stops, plasterwork in first floor North wing, panel dated 1691
with coat of arms indistinct beneath later plaster, plasterwork also in room over hall. (VAG Report, unpublished SRO,
November 1974).


Listing NGR: ST1074830575

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.