This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1734 / 51°10'24"N
Longitude: 0.4969 / 0°29'48"E
OS Eastings: 574640
OS Northings: 144540
OS Grid: TQ746445
Mapcode National: GBR PSC.6H7
Mapcode Global: VHJMS.KRJT
Entry Name: John's Hairdresser marsida vicky Clark
Listing Date: 23 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1060658
English Heritage Legacy ID: 174733
Location: Marden, Maidstone, Kent, TN12
Civil Parish: Marden
Built-Up Area: Marden
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
TQ 7444 MARDEN HIGH STREET
5/75 John's Hairdresser,
Marsida, No.3, and
House and shop row. Late C17, with late C18 or early C19 facade.
Timber framed. Ground floor red brick in Flemish bond, first floor
hung with banded plain and fishscale tiles. Exposed framing to right
side of passage to No.3. Plain tile roof. 2 relatively tall storeys.
Moulded wooden fillet to base of tile-hanging. Gabled. Brick ridge
stack towards left end and to right end. Irregular fenestration of 3
sixteen-pane sashes; one under and one to left of stack, nothing to
centre, and one to right. Half-glazed door to John's shop-front to
left, panelled door with rectangular three-light fanlight to Marsida
to right of stack, with passage to No.3 adjacent to it to right, and
half-glazed door to right end of Vicky Clark's late C19 or early C20
shop-front to right end. Two short rear wings with roofs hipped to
rear. Interior: only partly inspected. Vicky Clark has chamfered
cross and axial beam to each floor, large shaped jowl and straight
tension brace to rear corner post, and clasped-purlin roof.
Listing NGR: TQ7463944535
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings