This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1501 / 51°9'0"N
Longitude: 0.5405 / 0°32'25"E
OS Eastings: 577781
OS Northings: 142048
OS Grid: TQ777420
Mapcode National: GBR PSL.ZCX
Mapcode Global: VHJN0.BC36
Entry Name: Ely Court
Listing Date: 23 May 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1060749
English Heritage Legacy ID: 174564
Location: Staplehurst, Maidstone, Kent, TN12
Civil Parish: Staplehurst
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
STAPLEHURST GOUDHURST ROAD
TQ 74 SE (West side)
3/97 Ely Court
House. Late C16 or early C17, with alterations of 1721 and with
late C18 or early C19 facade. Timber framed. Front elevation
chequered red and grey brick. Gable ends brick on ground floor,
tile-hung above. 2 timber-framed bays and central stack bay, with
further bay added to right in C18. Two storeys and garret. Plat
band, and banded brick eaves cornice below low brick-coped parapet.
Broad, shallow central break, with pediment stepped up and cambered
over it. Half-hipped roof. Brick ridge stack to left of centre,
with brick dated 1721, and rear stack to right. Regular 5-window
front of 4 recessed 12-pane sashes and central 16-pane sash, with
splayed pointed voussoirs. Central panelled door under flat-roofed
brick porch open across front and with ball finials. Rear lean-to
to left and short 2-storey rear wing towards centre, incorporating
late C16 or early C17 stair turret. Interior: exposed framing.
5-light diamond mullion window to former right gable end. Clasped
purlin roof with windbraces, diminishing principal rafters, and
vertical queen-struts to collars.
Listing NGR: TQ7778142048
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings