This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1676 / 51°10'3"N
Longitude: 0.6216 / 0°37'17"E
OS Eastings: 583383
OS Northings: 144197
OS Grid: TQ833441
Mapcode National: GBR QTV.MZF
Mapcode Global: VHJMV.QXH8
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 21 October 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1060845
English Heritage Legacy ID: 174301
Location: Headcorn, Maidstone, Kent, TN27
Civil Parish: Headcorn
Built-Up Area: Ashford (Ashford)
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
HEADCORN HIGH STREET
TQ 8344 (South side)
10/77 The Old Vicarage
Vicarage, now house. Said to have been built in 1787 by Rev. David Evans.
Possibly with earlier core. C19 alterations and additions to left. Red
brick in Flemish bond. Plain tile roof. 2 storeys and attics. Plat band
half way up ground floor of main range. Dentilled brick eaves cornice,
extended to addition. Hipped roof. Brick able end stack to left. Rear
stack towards each end of main range. 2 flat-roofed dormers. Irregular
fenestration of 4 four-pane sashes with splayed rubbed brick voussoirs;
recessed sash to centre of addition, and irregular 3-window front of sashes
in open boxes to main range. 2 canted bays to ground floor. Slight broad
round-headed central recess to ground floor with rubbed brick voussoirs
descending to plat band. Central C20 half-glazed porch. Single storey
brick lean-to towards rear of right able end. Rear wing to right, tile-
hung on first floor. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: TQ8338344197
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings