History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Beachborough Park

A Grade II Listed Building in Newington, Kent

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1012 / 51°6'4"N

Longitude: 1.097 / 1°5'49"E

OS Eastings: 616921

OS Northings: 138106

OS Grid: TR169381

Mapcode National: GBR V07.VJ4

Mapcode Global: VHLHD.YLS5

Entry Name: Beachborough Park

Listing Date: 29 December 1966

Last Amended: 15 May 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1061082

English Heritage Legacy ID: 175615

Location: Newington, Shepway, Kent, CT18

County: Kent

District: Shepway

Civil Parish: Newington

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Find accommodation in
Lyminge

Listing Text


TR 13 NE NEWINGTON B2065
(West Side)

4/39 Beachborough
Park (Formerly
29.12.66 Listed as
Beachborough)

GV II

North part of west wing of house. 1813 by Sir James Drake Brockman, possibly
with earlier core. Rendered, with slate roof. 2 storeys.
West elevation: Plain stone-coped parapet above moulded rendered cornice.
Roof hipped to left (north). Central bell cupola with pyramidal roof and
weathervane. Painted gable end stack to right. Regular 5-window front of
four recessed 6-pane sashes and central 8-pane sash. Tall 12-pane ground-
floor sashes. Blank area towards left end longer than that towards right.
Central door of 2 fielded panels, and semi-circular fanlight with
radiating glazing bars. 2 fire insurance plaques above door. Short right
return wing with sundial with segmental pediment, dated 1813, removed from
demolished main range of house. Long single-storey painted brick range
with slate.roof running along left gable end. Single-storey flat-roofed
addition to right gable end. Wing formerly extended further to right
(south) as part of an H-plan house, the central range of which was destroyed
by fire in the 1950's. Interior not inspected.
See also items 4/40 and 4/41.


Listing NGR: TR1692138106

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.