This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0847 / 51°5'5"N
Longitude: 1.0773 / 1°4'38"E
OS Eastings: 615622
OS Northings: 136217
OS Grid: TR156362
Mapcode National: GBR V0D.WQR
Mapcode Global: FRA F648.3JS
Entry Name: Kintail
Listing Date: 15 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061095
English Heritage Legacy ID: 175647
Location: Saltwood, Shepway, Kent, CT21
Civil Parish: Saltwood
Built-Up Area: Hythe
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
TR 13 NE SALTWOOD RECTORY LANE
(South East Side)
House. 1923 by Baillie Scott and Bereford for William Webster. Grey
red brick in stretcher boud. First floor of wing tile-hung. Plain
tile roof. North facing with wing running north from east end.
Slightly - projecting 2 storey lean to containing stairs in re-entrant
angle. 2 Storeys. Hipped roof to main range front slope continued
down over lean-to. Wing roof hipped to front, with lower ridge. Brick
ridge stack towards front end of wing and another towards left end of
main range. Projecting brick gable-end stack to right. Irregular
fenestration of 2 casements to first-floor of wing, one mullioned
frieze window of 5 leaded lights under eaves of stair-well lean-to and
one small 2 light mullioned window under eaves above door. No first-
floor windows to right end, but one 3 light ground-floor casement. Two
very small lights towards base of lean-to. Left end of lean-to extends
forward along wall of wing into narrow single-storey lean-to with a 2
light mullioned window. Round-headed doorway to right of stair-well
lean-to, in later C20 lean-to brick porch the roof of which extends to
eaves of main range but is horizontal under the mill of the 1923 two-
light mullioned windows. Interior not inspected. Formerly known as
Kintail Manor, originally known as Trunds.
(James Kornwolf, M H Baillie Scott and the Arts and Crafts Movement, 1972)
Listing NGR: TR1562236217
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings