This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0277 / 51°1'39"N
Longitude: 0.9983 / 0°59'53"E
OS Eastings: 610342
OS Northings: 129649
OS Grid: TR103296
Mapcode National: GBR SZR.F75
Mapcode Global: FRA D6ZD.GQR
Entry Name: Dymchurch Rectory
Listing Date: 9 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061125
English Heritage Legacy ID: 175514
Location: Dymchurch, Shepway, Kent, TN29
Civil Parish: Dymchurch
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
TR 104 297 DYMCHURCH HIGH STREET
4/56 No. 102 Dymchurch
House, now Rectory. Late C16 or early C17 with early C18 facade. Timber
framed. Clad in red brick in Flemish bond with occasional grey headers.
3 courses of grey headers in a flush band between floors. Plain tile roof.
4 timber framed bays, forming 2 rooms, and 2 narrow end stack bays. Central
entrance hallcreated in C18. 2 storeys and attic on plinth. Coped brick gables
with red brick kneelers. Gable end ridge stacks. Small central skylight.
Regular 5-window front of 12-pane glazing bar sashes in open boxes with
segmental heads to glazing bars, and brick voussoirs. Ground floor windows
similar. Half-glazed inner door within C20 brick porch with half-glazed
double doors. Rear lean-to. Interior: broadly spaced square framing (2
panels per storey) to rear wall with large posts and heavy curved tension
braces. Chamfer-stopped beams and joists. Large inglenook to left. Splat
balusters to stairs, some C19, some possibly earlier. Broad C18 panelled
doors. Ground floor room to right completely furnished with fielded panels
and lightly-moulded cornice. Clasped purlin roof. Became a Rectory in 1947.
Listing NGR: TR1034429640
Other nearby listed buildings