This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0386 / 51°2'18"N
Longitude: 0.9 / 0°54'0"E
OS Eastings: 603407
OS Northings: 130581
OS Grid: TR034305
Mapcode National: GBR SZF.SF3
Mapcode Global: FRA D6SC.LGT
Entry Name: Millbank
Listing Date: 23 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061140
English Heritage Legacy ID: 175547
Location: Newchurch, Shepway, Kent, TN26
Civil Parish: Newchurch
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
TR 034 306 NEWCHURCH
Partly in Ruckinge Civil Parish (Ashford District Council).
Farmhouse. Early C19 facade to earlier timber-framed building. Brick
front in Flemish bond. Rear wings painted brick to ground floor,
tile-hung above. Right wing has exposed studding within brickwork
to rear. Plain tile roof. Main range with 2 adjoining rear wings,
probably of different dates. 2 storeys with coped parapet. Roof
hipped to left of main range and to rear of left wing, half-hipped
to rear of right wing. Rear stack to left and multiple brick ridge
stack to right gable end. Irregular fenestration of 3 recessed glazing
bar sashes with splayed painted brick voussoirs. Ground-floor windows
with keystones. Half-glazed door towards centre, recessed within
semi-circular architrave with small brick imposts and keystone. Stone
in east (right) gable inscribed: "The boundary of Newchurch Parish
confirmed at the Sessions at Canterbury on the 11th day of July 1820."
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: TR0569530377
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.