This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7591 / 52°45'32"N
Longitude: -0.7396 / 0°44'22"W
OS Eastings: 485150
OS Northings: 318684
OS Grid: SK851186
Mapcode National: GBR CQL.5S6
Mapcode Global: WHFK2.MX06
Entry Name: Former Grammar School
Listing Date: 1 January 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061253
English Heritage Legacy ID: 189909
Location: Wymondham, Melton, Leicestershire, LE14
Civil Parish: Wymondham
Built-Up Area: Wymondham
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Wymondham St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SK 8418 - 8518 WYMONDHAM CHURCH LANE
14/152 Former Grammar
Former Grammar School, now a social club. 1637. Altered 1885.
Founded by Sir John Sedley. Ironstone ashlar with limestone
dressings and slate roof with ashlar coped gables with moulded
kneelers. Chamfered plinth and flush ashlar quoins. Single
stone gable stack. 2 storeys, 3 bays. West gable has a central
moulded doorway with depressed 4 centred arched head with hood
mould, and above it, a blocked window containing an inscribed
tablet, 1885. Above it, a shield with crest. East gable has,
above, a blocked 3 light mullioned window with hood mould. South
side has 3 three light mullioned windows with coved mullions.
North side has 2 smaller 3 light mullioned windows. A slate
tablet states that this building was converted in 1885 into a
Listing NGR: SK8515018684
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings