History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Elizabethan House

A Grade II Listed Building in Shudy Camps, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0771 / 52°4'37"N

Longitude: 0.3678 / 0°22'3"E

OS Eastings: 562358

OS Northings: 244723

OS Grid: TL623447

Mapcode National: GBR NCT.PT1

Mapcode Global: VHJHG.B281

Entry Name: Elizabethan House

Listing Date: 26 July 2002

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1061406

English Heritage Legacy ID: 489645

Location: Shudy Camps, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Shudy Camps

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Shudy Camps St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Withersfield

Listing Text

SHUDY CAMPS

1612/0/10006 SHUDY CAMPS PARK
26-JUL-02 Elizabethan House

GV II

House, formerly service range. c.1700. Red brick with plat band and with plain tile roof with stone-coped gables. Central ridge stack with 3 ornamental flues. 2 storeys and attic. 4-window range at first floor of 2-light casements. A 3-light gabled dormer above to centre left. On ground floor are further casements and 3 doors all under brick segmental arches. The door to left has a pedimented porch with reeded corner pilasters and is similar to one opposite on the rear wing of The Hall (qv). Further casements on gable ends and to rear where there are also 2 French windows.
INTERIOR. Chamfered bridging beams. Spiral staircase from ground floor to attic round octagonal newel within brick wall which also forms part of main stack. Small section of splat baluster balustrade. Open fireplaces. Plank, 2-, 4- and 6-panel doors. Roof ceiled at collar level but principals and butt purlins visible.
This house is comparatively little altered and is a former service range to Shudy Camps Park (qv), now known as The Hall, to which it is attached.

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.