This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4452 / 52°26'42"N
Longitude: -1.1156 / 1°6'56"W
OS Eastings: 460206
OS Northings: 283398
OS Grid: SP602833
Mapcode National: GBR 9R4.LRK
Mapcode Global: VHCTF.MS2V
Entry Name: North Kilworth House
Listing Date: 5 June 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061420
English Heritage Legacy ID: 191447
Location: North Kilworth, Harborough, Leicestershire, LE17
Civil Parish: North Kilworth
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: North Kilworth St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SP 68 SW NORTH KILWORTH LUTTERWORTH ROAD
North Kilworth House
5/33 (formerly listed under
A467 Misterton Road)
Small Country house. 1888 by A E Purdie for J B N Entwisle.
Brick and rendered brick with ashlar dressings. Hipped slate
roofs with various rendered chimney stacks. Moulded plinth,
ground and first floor cill bands, moulded cornice with
pulvinated frieze and plinth parapet with corner ball finials.
2 storeys. South front: 9 bays with slightly projecting 3-bay
centre topped by a pediment containing a coat of arms. Ground
floor has 9 tall plain sashes with canopies, and moulded
surrounds with alternating segmental and triangular pediments.
Above, 9 similar though smaller sashes with similar surrounds.
West front: 6 bays, with off-centre, slightly projecting,
entrance bay and projecting porch with rusticated pilasters
supporting a cornice with pulvinated frieze, and panelled parapet
with corner ball finials. Round-headed, moulded entrance arch
with keystone is supported on single Ionic columns. Round-headed
inner doorway with similar moulded arch supported on single
Corinthian pilasters and part-glazed double doors with plain
fanlight. To the left, 3, and to the right, 2, tall plain sashes
in moulded surrounds with alternating pediments, those to the
left with canopy boxes. Above, 6 similar sashes, though smaller,
with similar surrounds. Lower brick service wing to north has
hipped slate roof with overhanging eaves, and sashes and various
panelled doors with moulded surrounds. Interior contains many
original features including doors, fireplaces, staircase, and an
oval billiard room. Contemporary conservatory (q.v.) attached
to house. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SP6020683398
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings