This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5411 / 52°32'27"N
Longitude: -0.9924 / 0°59'32"W
OS Eastings: 468434
OS Northings: 294170
OS Grid: SP684941
Mapcode National: GBR 9Q4.MY0
Mapcode Global: VHDQK.RD7B
Entry Name: Church of St Wilfrid
Listing Date: 7 December 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061566
English Heritage Legacy ID: 191083
Location: Kibworth Beauchamp, Harborough, Leicestershire, LE8
Civil Parish: Kibworth Beauchamp
Built-Up Area: Kibworth Harcourt
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Kibworth Beauchamp
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
CHURCH ROAD (East Side)
SP 69 SE
7.12.66 Church of St. Wilfrid
Church. C13 - C15 and 1832, restored 1860-4. Tower of 1832 by William Flint
of Leicester, and restoration by W. Slater of London. Coursed rubble stone
and ashlar with leaded roofs. Stone coped gables with cross finials.
Buttresses and angle buttresses with set-offs. W tower, nave, aisles,
chancel, N chancel vestry and N and S porches. Tower of ashlar of 3 stages.
Plinth, diagonal buttresses with set-offs, W doorway with many-moulded arch, W
window with C19 stained glass, clock faces to N,S and W, 4 2-light bell
openings, quatrefoil frieze, battlements and crocketted pinnacles as
continuations of buttresses. Many-moulded segmental nave arch. C14 4 bay
arcades, the mouldings with 2 sunk quadrants continuing to floor. Perp
clerestory with 4 2-light flat-topped windows to either side. Ball flower and
head frieze on outside above them. C19 4 bay roof with curved braces on
carved stone corbels. N aisle has NW window with Curvilinear tracery, 3 N
windows with Curvilinear or Reticulated tracery, 2 with stained glass of
1864. NE window with Reticulated tracery and stained glass of 1857. Piscina
with blind Curvilinear tracery. C15 N porch with niche over doorway and
1-light window to each side. Chancel arch similar to arcade, and over it, to
N a diamond window of 4 quatrefoils, and to S a round window of 3 mouchettes.
Chancel has 3 N windows, 1 with stained glass of 1942, E window with
Curvilinear tracery and stained glass of 1865 and 3 S windows, 1 with stained
glass of 1894. Triple sedilia with cusped arches and shafts and restored
piscina. S doorway with, on outside, roll moulding and hood mould with dog
tooth moulding. Small S 1-light window with C19 stained glass. N of chancel,
a late C19 vestry. S aisle has SW and 3 S windows with Curvilinear tracery
and stained glass of 1884 and 1906. SE window with Reticulated tracery and
stained glass of 1874. Piscina with blind tracery. S doorway with probably
medieval door. C15 S porch with niche over door (C19 statue within) and
2-light window on each side. C14 octagonal font with blind arcade decoration
(C19 base). Wall monument to William Parker, died 1699. Perp screen, largely
renewed 1868. Pevsner and V.C.H., Vol. V.
Listing NGR: SP6843494170
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings