History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Nag's Head Public House

A Grade II Listed Building in Heckington, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9806 / 52°58'50"N

Longitude: -0.2987 / 0°17'55"W

OS Eastings: 514318

OS Northings: 343934

OS Grid: TF143439

Mapcode National: GBR GSG.39J

Mapcode Global: WHHLL.CBZW

Entry Name: Nag's Head Public House

Listing Date: 1 February 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1061812

English Heritage Legacy ID: 192611

Location: Heckington, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven

Civil Parish: Heckington

Built-Up Area: Heckington

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Heckington St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Howell

Listing Text

HECKINGTON HIGH STREET
TF 1443-1543
(north side)
11/65
No.34, Nag's Head
Public House
1/2/67
G.V. II

Public house. 1684, altered C19 and C20, early C19 rear wing.
Coursed limestone rubble and squared rubble to right hand side,
ashlar dressings, pantiled roof having raised stone coped gables.
2 tall red brick gable stacks. Single storey plus attics, 3 bay
front having central half glazed door with bordered upper light
in early C19 fluted pilastered wooden surround with narrow leaded
hood, rosettes and some fan decoration. To left a bordered
glazing bar sash window and to right a 3 light sliding glazing
bar sash. In the roof are 2 C20 gabled dormers with 2 light
plain casements and rendered cheeks. The right hand side has
single 3 light chamfered mullioned windows to each floor with
moulded flat hoods. To the gable a recessed square datestone is
inscribed PTE Henry Ireland AD 1684. The rear wing is early C19
of red brick in Flemish bond, later C19 pantiled roof, 2 red
brick gable stacks. 3 storey, 3 bay front with plinth and second
floor band. Off-centre half glazed late C19 door with sidelights
and bracketed wooden pediment. To right are single 3 and 3 light
sliding plain sashes. To first floor is a glazing bar casement
with to right 2 tall glazing bar sashes. To second floor are 3
similar windows. All windows have segmental brick heads.
Interior retains panelled shutters to rear range and some reset
early C18 raised and fielded panels to the front range.


Listing NGR: TF1431843934

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.