This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9718 / 52°58'18"N
Longitude: -0.2916 / 0°17'29"W
OS Eastings: 514824
OS Northings: 342966
OS Grid: TF148429
Mapcode National: GBR GSG.R2S
Mapcode Global: WHHLL.HKDM
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 21 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061842
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192584
Location: Great Hale, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Great Hale
Built-Up Area: Heckington
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Great Hale and Little Hale St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
GREAT HALE CHURCH STREET
The Old Vicarage
Former vicarage, now house. 1730, altered early C19 and C20.
Coursed squared limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings
and rendered red brick, pantiled roof with raised stone coped
gables, 2 brick gable stacks. 2 storey, 3 bay front having
central half glazed door covered by C20 hip roofed stone porch.
Flanked by single glazing bar sashes. To first floor are 3
similar windows, the central one slightly narrower. All windows
have Gothick traceried glazing bars and splayed ashlar lintels
with keystones. To right is a 2 sotrey, 2 bay extension of
rendered red brick. To ground floor are 2 C20 lights and to
first floor a glazing bar sash. Inside a datestone of 1730 was
found in the blocking of a doorway. Interior retains reused C17
chamfered oak girders.
Listing NGR: TF1482442966
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings