This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.165 / 53°9'53"N
Longitude: -0.5429 / 0°32'34"W
OS Eastings: 497512
OS Northings: 364085
OS Grid: SK975640
Mapcode National: GBR FNH.MKK
Mapcode Global: WHGJC.MQP1
Entry Name: High House
Listing Date: 22 December 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061950
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192228
Location: Waddington, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN5
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Waddington
Built-Up Area: Lincoln
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Waddington St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK 97 64 WADDINGTON RECTORY LANE
House C18 and early C19. Original C18 house burnt circa 1805, rebuilt in red brick on
old fountains in 1808 retaining some rear stone walls. Three bay 2-storey plus
attic. Double fronted. Two wooden splayed bay windows with pilsters and entablature,
glazing bar sashes and slate roofs. Central doorway with pedimented doorcase with 2
fluted pilasters, door of 6-fielded panels with modern glazed rectangular fanlight.
Three glazing bar sashes above, segment-headed with brick voussoirs. Three dormers
with segmental tops and sashes. Slate mansard ridge roof, with decorative iron
ornament on ridge and 2 brick stacks in gables. Three bay single-storey section to
east, with modern glazing, probably of C18 origin. Coursed rubble and quoins,
single-storey lean to at rear, also part of original C18 house.
Listing NGR: SK9751664084
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings