This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1352 / 53°8'6"N
Longitude: -0.5467 / 0°32'48"W
OS Eastings: 497322
OS Northings: 360768
OS Grid: SK973607
Mapcode National: GBR FNW.DLZ
Mapcode Global: WHGJK.KGWB
Entry Name: Coleby Hall
Listing Date: 19 November 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061979
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192196
Location: Coleby, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN5
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Coleby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Wellingore All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
In the entry for COLEBY FAR LANE
5/12 Coleby Hall
the date of first listing shall be entered as 19.11.51
SK 97 60 COLEBY FAR LANE
Country house (now divided into 2 houses) C17, C18 and C19. Coursed rubble and ashlar
with red tiled ridge roofs and stone stacks. 2½ storeys, 3 ranges in U-plan. East,
entrance front dates from 1628 when the house was rebuilt for Sir William Lider.
Eight bays irregularly fitted under 6 stone coped gables with finials. All the
windows are glazing bar sashes, mostly C18, though of varying sizes, with small attic
sashes in the gables. All these windows have wooden lintels. Off centre. C19,
2-storey porch, with glazed round-headed door and large glazing bar sash above, both
openings have dripmould hoods. The 5 bay north wing has datestones in each of its
2 stone coped gables, one dated 1653 and the other 1722, suggesting this wing was
added in 1653, though re-modelled and re-fenestrated in 1722. Five, C18, glazing bar
sash windows survive on the first floor, below there are five C19 sash windows, the
western ones included in a slightly projecting C19 bay. All these windows have stone
lintels and sills. The irregular south wing was restored in 1892 and again in 1910.
Internally the rooms are all C19, there is a good stone chimney piece in the hall and
a carved balustrade to the newel staircase.
Listing NGR: SK9732260768
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings