History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Wyberton Park

A Grade II* Listed Building in Wyberton, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9475 / 52°56'51"N

Longitude: -0.0245 / 0°1'28"W

OS Eastings: 532830

OS Northings: 340730

OS Grid: TF328407

Mapcode National: GBR JWW.6MT

Mapcode Global: WHHLX.L5JP

Entry Name: Wyberton Park

Listing Date: 4 February 1959

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062042

English Heritage Legacy ID: 192045

Location: Wyberton, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE21

County: Lincolnshire

District: Boston

Civil Parish: Wyberton

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Wyberton St Leodegar

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Wyberton

Listing Text


TF 34 SW WYBERTON CHURCH LANE
(south side)

11/129 Wyberton Park

4.2.59 II*

Incorrectly shown as Rectory on OS map. Former rectory, now
house. 1689, largely rebuilt 1761 by Dr. John Shaw. Possibly by
William Sands Junior of Spalding. Red brick in Flemish bond,
ashlar dressings, and quoins. 2 wall stacks. Pantile roofs. T-
plan. 2 storey, 7 bay front with ashlar first floor band,
dentillated cornice, stone coped parapet, swept up at the centre,
with central and corner urn finials. Central 8 panel door in
panelled reveals, with ashlar doorcase, having egg and dart eared
surround, and raised fluted keyblock with acanthus leaf.
Pedimented Doric doorcase, the columns with roses in the necking
and foliage sprays in the frieze, and escutcheon with garlands
and arrows in the pediment. Flanked by 3 glazing bar sashes. To
first floor are 7 smaller similar windows. All windows have
moulded ashlar architraves. The central first floor window has
fluted keyblock and side brackets. The corner stones are
inscribed "T Burton Shaw 1761" and "Edward Shaw", the sons of the
builder. To the rear a long earlier service wingwith fluted
keyblocks to the openings and a large semi-circular headed stair
window. To right side of rear range a 6 panelled C18 door in
eared wooden surround, narrow leaded hood supported on curved
brackets with a ribboned pulvinated frieze. Interior. Stair has
carved open string and to each step 3 slender knopped balusters,
a flute, a twist and a column, fluted neweis. Plaster panels to
walls of stair and eared door surrounds. Cornices and panelled
doors. Roccoco plaster ceiling to library.


Listing NGR: TF3283040730

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.