This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6484 / 52°38'54"N
Longitude: -0.4768 / 0°28'36"W
OS Eastings: 503144
OS Northings: 306713
OS Grid: TF031067
Mapcode National: GBR FVS.SB0
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.NP4K
Entry Name: 24, St Martin's
Listing Date: 22 May 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062161
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193679
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
1671 ST MARTIN'S
TF 0306 1/208
TF O306 2/208 22.5.54.
Early C19. Front elevation of 2 storeys in dressed stone, Mansard roof, with
3 cambered dormers, curved to eaves. Wood eaves cornice. 3 windows, flat stone
arches, plain reveals. Stone bands at cill levels. Stone plinth. Door of 6 panels
with glazed side lights, under "Gothic" traceried fanlight. Semi-circular rusticated
surround. Interior:- in cellar, part of a C13 crypt, quadripartite vault on corbels.
Nos 18 to 38 (consec) and the Church of St Martin form a group.
Listing NGR: TF0314406713
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings